Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Huge, huge sigh of relief...

The 2nd set of revisions are done and in. Even better, Editor Wendy is very, very happy. Which means I'm very, very happy too. And relieved.

Yesterday, I wrote my Dedication Page and my Acknowledgment Page. If you think you should be on one of these, but are worried you're not, just send money. Even a Starbucks card. I'm easily bought. (This is supposed to be tongue-in-cheek.)

Next on the list for I So Don't Do Mysteries is my author photo. But I'm not getting that done until after I've had my hair highlighted. Which is in two weeks. I'm going for a casual photo, but don't have any definite ideas. So, feel free to pipe up if you have any. DH (which stands for Darling Husband--on a good day anyway!) suggested a shot with a rhino! Hello! They have horns. And they're wild animals. Maybe a photoshopped pic of me and a rhino. Nah. The rhino thing just isn't grabbing me.

Next post will be about one of my pet peeves.

6 comments:

  1. Would your post about Pet Peeves be about DH's making ridiculous suggestions for author photos???!!!
    Congrats, Barrie. What a great feeling to not only have completed your revisions, but to have Editor Wendy be so happy with them. What a star you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does feel amazing when your editor is happy! :) Coming to you via Sara, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahahaha I was sitting here picturing you draped over a Rhino!! I was given very detailed guidelines for my author photos by Flux. I really wanted a more casual one.... next time I'm definitely going to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica--Thank you for finding me. I found you too. Ha! Check your blog.
    ~Barrie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sara--how interesting. I wasn't given any guidelines. Of course, they may change their mind when they see the pic!! Especially if it's a rhino trampling me. Just kidding. I'm probably going to go to Balboa Park (great for flowers, plants, trees, ponds) for the photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barrie,

    From what I've seen of other author's photos, they use them over and over and over. So, since I know you will have a long successful career as a writer, smile and say cheese :-)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!