Sunday, November 11, 2007

psychic fair

At first, the psychic fair went exactly as I'd expected. I walked around with pencil and paper, taking notes for the scene in book #2 where the protagonist visits a pyschic fair. I sniffed incense, watched different healing practices, drank a cleansing tonic, chatted with vendors about various objects my 13 year old fictional character might need.

Then...I went for my psychic reading. In a soothing, restful British accent, the medium said I'd been sent to the fair for a reason. And it wasn't a pleasant reason. She proceeded to tell me some really, really sad stuff about one of my children.

Next...I went to the Avon tarot card lady. Along with the reading, she gives away a bottle of Avon perfume and a cosmetic clutch bag. You have to admit this sounds a bit sketchy and, therefore, more fun and entertaining. She dealt out the cards, turned over one pile of them and said that whatever work I do would somehow end up connected with a sitcom or screenplay. Yes, this is more like it! Not that anyone is considering I So Don't Do Mysteries for these things. But, who knows, maybe in the future someone will. Or maybe something else I write will be considered for the silver screen. So loving the Avon tarot card lady.

Then...she turns over another little pile of cards and tells me very, very similar sad stuff as the medium.

I don't know what to make of it all. Except to say that the psychic fair was a disturbing experience. And I have a headache. Maybe it will make a little more sense tomorrow. Maybe not though.

12 comments:

  1. Wow. It sounds like a fun experience, though. I've never been to a psychic fair! I did just see a psychic. She said some good stuff, so I hope she's right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eliminate every negative word from your mind. If you have to, pretend the readings were for one of the characters in your future books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you found information you can use for your book...that's good. As for the sad/negative things they told you? I wouldn't put too much stock in that...you could worry yourself sick over it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't worry over it. Focus on the Avon clutch...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spyscribbler: I think you should believe in the good stuff while I let go of the bad stuff. I hope your psychic was right on the money!

    ReplyDelete
  6. PJ--Thank you for the advice. I got up early this morning and exercised. That helped too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sherry--I did get good info for the book. You're right. I need to just concentrate on that. I think part of what drags me down is that she was so sincere. Well, they both were.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alyssa--The clutch is cute. Bigger than I expected too. And, believe it or not, I like the perfume! Plus, I forgot to mention on the blog, she gave me a calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say that psychics stress me out. I would go with all the others who said not to dwell on the bad stuff. Thanks for the words of encouragement on my page. Much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This reminds me of a palm reading I had done once, by a stranger on the street. Funny, weird, disturbing, fascinating, amusing, "this moment is so wild it will have to make it into a story some day" kind of thing.

    A Tarot card reader who sells Avon. wow. that is so priceless.

    Enjoying your blog and glad you stopped by mine so I could come meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. They shouldn't say negative stuff. My friend once went to one who said she'd get married twice because the first guy she'd marry would be bad for her. How is she supposed to do anything with that info? Turn down the first guy who asks her?!!
    I'd love to have a reading though!
    :Fingers crossed with the screenplay!!!!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did BUCKETS of research on psychics. Trust me when I tell you- NO WORRIES. Then take it out on them in your next book. : )

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!