Friday, November 23, 2007

Thank you


Thanksgiving is officially over. Once again, everyone is asleep except me. And the crickets who are loudly chirping away, unaware that tomorrow they will be veiled chameleon dinner.

Anyway, I had a quiet cup of tea with Anne Murray singing Christmas carols in the background. All the Canadian gifts are now wrapped. I've even filled out a few of the custom forms. I do not like those nosy forms which force you to list the gifts you're sending. I try to be as general as possible, so there's still some vestige of surprise for the recipients.

I am thankful for a gazillion things, but here's a short list:
-DH (darling husband) who is very different than me, but takes it in stride
-four interesting and creative children
-my sisters
-online and offline friends
-my health and the health of my family (including DH's successful hernia surgery)
-the book deal which validates the hours I spend with imaginary people
-my gym membership

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

10 comments:

  1. Wonderful list - although gym membership wouldn't even make it on my "be thankful for" list...

    (Those quiet times when everyone else is asleep are nice, aren't they?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I stopped reading at "...gifts are now wrapped" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't being up when everyone else is sleeping a wonderful time?? I love it.

    I never read what is on the customs sticker..I don't want to spoil the surprise. But yeah, I hate that we list on there too...I stay more than general..wonder what would happen if we put down something ridiculous..do you think the people at customs even read these things? Especially at the holidays when there are so many coming through?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That your family and friends and book deal is on your gratitude list makes me smile. That your gym membership is on the list, makes you my hero. And can you give me some of what you're having because I need to get my ass there now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list - we all have so much to be thankful for. Take care and see you soon. Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth--I do love the quiet names when everyone else is asleep. I think it's why I'm addicted to the night.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trish--do not be too impressed. It's only the gifts to be sent off that are wrapped. In terms of the rest of Christmas--I've done nothing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sherry--I ALMOST wrote "armadillo" on one of the customs forms today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bella--I wish you could come to the gym with me! I'm not at all a crazy worker-outer and am always up for a chat! I last about 20 minutes on a treadmill-ish thing, then go round various weight machines, always keeping the weights pretty low. I do NOT want to look like our governor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm impressed that you were so productive! I heard Anne Murray twice while out shopping on Black Friday. Something so sweet and comforting about her voice.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!