Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Copy-Edits, High School, Contest Winner

How's this for fun synchronicity?

I sent back the copy-edits for I So Don't Do Spooky (book #2). They arrived at Random House yesterday, Sept. 9, which is exactly three months before the release of I So Don't Do Mysteries (book #1)!!!

Okay, fine, it looked more interesting before I typed it.

In other news--tonight I attended Open House at Child #2's high school. Can I just say that I LOVE Open House at the high school. LOVE it. I don't know why. I didn't particularly enjoy high school the first time around. But there's something about English reading lists and those little desks with the chairs attached and overhead projectors. It takes me back to a time when the future stretched out for miles.

I went from class to class, listening to the teachers, reading the class requirements, chatting with other parents. And I thought to myself, I'd be so so good at high school now. Then I went to Algebra II. Yikes. I am so glad to be done with high school.

In yet other news-- DH, not Child #4 (who is exhausted with her return to school), chose the winner for the exotic Canadian foods contest.

And the winner is (drum roll)... Linda of Flights a Fancy!!

Linda, please have your people email my people at barrie.summy@gmail.com.

Above is the front of bookmark
Above is the back of bookmark

AND I'll toss a few of the cutest most adorable bookmarks in your package.

20 comments:

  1. Sometimes I miss being in school, but I get over that pretty fast ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a buy time for you. I like the book marks especially the white one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HS again, Yuck! All those clicks and trying to discover who you are (or arent'...) But I'd do college over again in a heartbeat. (except for final time! That would be too much stress.)

    Love your book mark.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bookmarks! They are so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool bookmarks.

    I enjoyed going back to the school for parent days when my son was little.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bookmarks, too! Adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't believe I won. An email is on its way to you. Thanks to your DH for picking my name. :)

    I love the bookmarks, too. Very cute.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait to see your book. The bookmarks look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. ya is so lucky to have you. and your cool bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your bookmarks!!! Very cute and grabs you. Congrats. on book 2 getting ready to make a showing.

    We have HS open house tomorrow. I did the Middle School last night. When I see those math classes, I am SO glad I'm not in school now.

    XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay on sending back your copy edits!

    The bookmark is too cute!

    And noooo I do not miss not being at school anymore!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i used to collect bookmarks to the point where i had more of them than books! very cute one you have there!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to Linda! I'm going to have to see if I can get those ketchup chips online...You've got me mighty curious now, Barrie! :-)

    Those bookmarks are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I often think about how great I'd be at high school & undergrad now that I'm a little older & wiser....

    ReplyDelete
  15. I 'so' think you've got it made, Barrie - half way thru the arc of your mystery book and I 'so' can't wait to read the NEXT one ...!

    I definitely have mixed feelings about high school ... but my two girls loved it and still love it ... my son, he struggled in that big, crowded place - except for the water polo part.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you, Gabe!!!!!

    Did I know your son played water polo? I have two boys who are heavily into water polo.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So funny! I've thought the same thing, about how if only I could go to high school now I'd be so much better at it. Of course, I think some of my peers would drive me nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Book mark is awesome even though most of my books are audio.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are some stellar bookmarks! Love 'em! I'm getting excited about the book!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!