Friday, September 12, 2008

negligent blogging

I am guilty of negligent blogging.

I was going through some (there are thousands!) of the pics on my computer. And I came across this lovely shot taken when I visited Random House in Canada's Mississauga office.

Julie Forrest, me, Jessica Scott (Photo credit: Heather Sanderson who was a great sport about photographing us!!)


I had the pleasure of chatting with Julie Forrest, Random House in Canada's Super Smart Plugged In Online Guru. Okay, her title might really be Online Marketing Coordinator. At any rate, she is super smart, knows megabytes about the internet and blogging and books and writing and authors. And probably lots of other topics that we just never made it to.

We were joined by the brilliant and delightful Jessica Scott, another Random House techie wizard. Julie and Jessica offered me all kinds of solid suggestions about blogging and other social networks. Suggestions I really will take. Slowly but surely.

Both Julie and Jessica were really easy schmeasy and interesting to talk with. It was very fun finding out which blogs we all read and learning of new blogs to try out. I was having such a good time that I didn't want to leave. They practically had to throw me out.

Here's a blog you'll want to check out. It's Random House Insiders Blog. A variety of bloggers post here, including Julie herself. And they have authors guest blog from time to time. Yes, yes, yes! You guessed it! I'll be guest blogging there one of these days!

Here's what Random House in Canada, Mississauga office looks like from the outside.


In other negligent blogging...I totally forgot to link to the Class of 2k8. Hop on over to see what Nancy has to say about herself and her debut novel, Samantha Hansen Has Rocks in Her Head. For every different person who leaves a comment on one of Nancy's launch posts, she'll donate $1.00 to the National Park Foundation. It's a worthy cause.

14 comments:

  1. Great picture, Bar! But I'm still upset you went to exciting and lovely Canada instead of staying home to "walk the boards" with me in San Diego.
    JK. ;)
    Catch ya next time....
    Thanks for the shout-out, btw.
    -Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool. Make sure to let us know when you're guest blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, what a busy writer to do! We forgive you... BTWm is that a new picture in your About Me section? I really like it. Nice foto!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, now you've got me curious. I have to know what knowledge they imparted to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beth: Off the top of my head, two really simple changes were things to make sure the page loads quickly: limit the number of posts showing to 7 and reduce the size of the photos. Oh, yeah, and a third (which you do brilliantly) is to blog on a regular basis.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. boy I have fallen a little behind over here, I have quite a bit of catching up to do....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Busy Barrie, trying to stay on top of thing explains why you were multi-tasking fashion/passion yesterday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pic and we forgive you for avoiding, neglecting, basically ignoring us...

    Honest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i know nothing of blogging except to keep writing...

    i want to go to random house. could you take us on a field trip. i'll bring the sack lunches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like such a fun trip! Hope you enjoy participating in the shared blog. It sounds like a good opportunity for publicity.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!