Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Why I love my critique partners

Why do I love my Denny's Chicks?

Do I love them because they're great writers and plotters and friends? Yes.

Do I love them because they're great at critiquing and finding all the holes and monstrosities in my work? Yes.

And gently, or not!, pointing out said holes and monstrosities? Yes.

And, of course, I love Kelly for her fantastic handmade birthday cards and the delicious little nibblies she bakes for our holiday get-together? And, of course, I love Kathy for always hosting said holiday get-together?


And I also love them because they buy me treats like this...



Oh, how I love my Marmite!

And here is a delightful Marmite website. Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. My #2 daughter is in Australia for another month. Marmite is the one thing she said she wouldn't try. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You honestly love Marmite. Are you sure you’re from Canada and not Australia? Writer friends are awesome. Mine are keeping my spirits up and MSS afloat through revision.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Three cheers for good critique groups! Yay! And even better when FOOD is involved!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried Marmite when we were in Australia. How young do you have to start eating it to acquire the taste? I obviously was way too old.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debra, would she try vegemite? Mwahahah! I think it's basically the same thing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you have an awesome group! Not sure about the Marmite, though. Is it an acquired taste? I can't get past the smell. o_O

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I had the same comment as Sarah, you are Canadian, I thought only Aussies liked that stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aren't critique groups wonderful?! Even without the snacks :) They bring encouragement along with great insight.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!