Friday, March 6, 2009

Winner and Introducing My Beautiful Book #2


Congratulations to Sara of Around the Barrios who is the proud winner of a signed copy of PJ Hoover's fantabulous middle-grade fantasy THE EMERALD TABLET! Sara, email me at barrieDOTsummyATgmailDOTcom. Then my people will get in touch with PJ's people who will get in touch with your people. Or you can leave a comment on PJ's blog. Or PJ will find you at your blog. She's tenacious that way. Also, thank you to everyone who entered.

I hope you're all enjoying the above photo with Child #4's current winner-choosing shoes. I swear that child has more footwear than the rest of the family put together. We can only afford her shoe habit because she's eight and her shoes don't break the bank. I predict that about five years from now, we'll be living on pinto beans.

And now, loud obnoxious drum roll, I'd like to introduce the cover of I So Don't Do Spooky!!!! Sherry short for Sherlock) Holmes Baldwin returns to solve a second mystery in this series. A mystery involving a stalker and her step-mother, The Ruler. Yikes! I So Don't Do Spooky will be in bookstores this fall 2009.



ISN'T THIS A VERY VERY GORGEOUS COVER? I wish I had a high resolution jpeg of it and I'd post a cover HUGE enough to take over your screen! Maybe your entire house!




Here is a little shrine of ARCs (Advance Reader Copies). See how they gleam and glimmer? No, it's not just my amateur photography.




And here's the brand new cover for the trade paperback edition of I So Don't Do Mysteries. It should be out sometime in the fall too.

Ah....but life is grand.

39 comments:

  1. Nice cover! Seems like they really went a different direction with it when compared to your first book. Any particular reason why?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shoes! And interesting they decided to use a photo of a real girl on both versions now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the theory is that a cover with a real photo will appeal to a nice wide audience. I cannot get over how cute that Spooky cover is!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Barrie, saw your note over at Vodka's ... nice to see you again. Got you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, it’s a VERY gorgeous cover! Love the look on the young girl’s face.

    And your daughter has fabulous taste in shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very exciting! The Ruler, huh? She's definitely adds plenty of character. I look forward to seeing Book #2 in print.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the shoes. I also really like the cover of the trade paperback. That was me in my tween years...with a big wad of bubble gum in my mouth.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both are great. I like the live model approach more than the cartoon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I'm so excited I won. I'm sure it was the polka dot shoes that helped, I love polka dots and they know it!
    Those are some great covers! I love the colors and the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is so great. It must be such a wonderful feeling to see your books coming to life. It makes me with I could write.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh New cover! Barrie I really like these and I think they'll appeal to those MG readers. I must go off to pre-order "Spooky" now!

    Congrats Barrie!

    ReplyDelete
  12. that "spooky" cover is awesome! very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Indeed I lived in Canada Barrie...for half of my life, roughly, from '86 to '03. Most of that time was spent in the Niagara Region of Ont. (relatively close to the US border,) but I did spend just over a year in Toronto.
    Continued success to you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It's gorgeous! WOW! You must beso excited!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Yea for Sara! I'll send me an email!

    And wow on the covers! Both so darling. And so different from the original!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh, those covers are great! I want to read your books! I should get on that!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the covers! And I really, really want those shoes for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the covers of your books - toooooooo cute! CONGRATS to you Barry - it is so exciting and I am so proud of you. I have to be honest - I have not ordered your book yet. I am in the process of writing my own book (Teen fiction) and I'm afraid if I have yours around I will definitely want to read it and I'm afraid your characters/writing might influence mine. I know if I have your book in my possession - I WILL HAVE to read it. I'm nearly done with my first novel (in tedious edit mode) and I plan to order your book any day now. I can't wait to read it.

    I am so happy for you, Barry! It must be sooooo exciting! The books are beautiful and I know they're going to be fabulously popular.

    Take care and I'll talk to you soon - Kellan

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the shoes & the book cover!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, those covers are way cool! How can they not attract flocks of YA readers to find out what Sherry's up to next. We're very thrilled for you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. How exciting! The covers do look in line with YA with a twist.

    ReplyDelete
  22. yaaaaaaaaayyyyy grats on spooky, barrie :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute polka dot shoes, even cuter covers! LOVE them, especially the MYSTERIES one....super cute! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  24. They're gorgeous. I love the colors. You are on SUCH a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The covers are pretty good. The one for "I so don't do mysteries" would probably peak my interest more than the other one.

    Might make me even explore the YA genre just to see what's what with what.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Geeee-orgeous new cover, Barrie! Can't wait to read the continuing adventures of Sherry! She's fun-fun-fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Ooohhh!! I love these covers! They really pop! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  28. We loved your first book and it is now in the hands of my Utah Friends so her kids can read it! So fun to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great cover! Congratulations!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. The covers are gorgeous! Congratulations!

    My 10-year-old has those same exact shoes. Her first "heels" and my does she strut in them.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really like the design of these covers with the photos, too. The girl could be lots of girls, but she really depicts your readers in a cute, fun way.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!