Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Book Signing and A Birthday

I will be at Aunt Agatha's Mystery Bookstore in Ann Arbor, Michigan on this coming Saturday, November 14 @ 1:30!!!



Ann Arbor, Michigan? Yes! Child #3's very talented water polo team will be competing in the Speedo Cup (top 12 8th grade and under boys' teams IN THE NATION. And the top 12 girls teams will be there as well). The games take place at the University of Michigan's pool. That would be Michael Phelps' home pool!

When I was in Ann Arbor for this competition last year (did I mention how talented Child #3's team is??!), I wandered into Aunt Agatha's, had a great chat with co-owner Jamie about mysteries and Nancy Drew and I forget what else.

And this year, I'm doing a signing there! The paperback of I So Don't Do Mysteries was released TWO DAYS AGO!

So, at the signing, I'm doing a short, fun presentation. There will also be free bookmarks, pencils and chocolate.

I'm really hoping to see Stacy of The Cat's Meow , Clair of Bo Fexler, PI and our My Town Monday host, and Patti of Pattinase. (Patti probably can't make it, but I can still hope.)

Thank you, Stacy for this My Town Monday post about Ann Arbor restaurants. I'll definitely be wanting to eat while there. Several times.

So....if you're anywhere near Ann Arbor, I'd love to see you! Aunt Agatha's is at 213 South Fourth Avenue, Ann Arbor, Michigan 48104 (phone: 734.769.1114)

And birthday wishes to Neil Young, whom I have loved for many years. I have worn t-shirts and pajamas proclaiming this love. Neil, my birthday is in August. Any chance you could write a song for me? xo

14 comments:

  1. Ooooh. Have fun! And hopefully, you'll do a signing in Texas one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice - for you and the athlete :) and for the folks who will come!



    Aloha, Friend!


    Comfort Spiral

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope Child #3 crushes the opposition and wish I was there for the signing. But I will be because you will take lots of pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ahhhh you should make a detour to Columbus, OH! I wish I could make the drive up to Ann Arbor, but I am stuck at work all night on Saturday :( booooohoooo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Child #3 on belonging to a superior water polo team that takes Mom across the country to do book signings! Have fun Barrie; it sounds marvelous. I really hope that Neil writes you a song for your birthday next year. You are getting so much national recognition, it's hard to imagine that he wouldn't, especially since you spent all that time hobnobbing with the stars in Hollywood.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent way to combine business with pleasure! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are the ultimate multitasking mom/writer! I would LOVE to be at your signing. Next year London?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a great week-end ahead!

    Neil. Love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like some Neil Young myself. Have a great signing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to see you! Have a safe flight!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What talented swimmers your children are, Barrie. Good luck with the book signing. A song by Neil...you never know. Dreams have been known to come true.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the paperback release and best wishes for child #3's and the water polo team!!! I know your signing will go well and will be thinking of you today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know I'm from Michigan right? Say hi to my people for me. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool that you get to meet some of the gang. And I love the title Speedo Cup.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!