Saturday, October 16, 2010

Hanging out at the Summy house

Congratulations to Child #3 who got his braces off! As a reward, the orthodontist's office gave him a gift bag filled with all the treats he couldn't have with a mouth full of metal: gum, tootsie rolls, popcorn, Mike 'n Ikes, chewy candies. Me thinks the orthodonist is in cahoots with the dentist!


Oh, and Child #3, please wear your pretty turquoise retainer so that your teeth don't drift back, thus marring your beautiful smile and wasting $2,000!!


Child #4 had some friends spend the night. Her mother, of course, hung out a little with them because a) these 10 year old girls crack me up and b) this is my target reading audience. Herein (I would've made a great lawyer!) is a verbatim report.

Friend A (pushing her hair off her face): Do I look vegan?

Child #4 (headed tilted to the side): Probably.

Friend B: You definitely look vegan. Remember that 8th grader at our school last year who was vegan? You look just like her.

Child #4 (nodding and staring at Friend A): Oh yeah, I can see it now.

Friend A: I know. I was looking at myself in the mirror yesterday. And I really do think I look vegan.

Me: I don't get it. What does a vegan look like?

Child #4 and Friend B point to Friend A: Her!


May something today bring a smile to your lips!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Sarakastic! Ha! I'm pressing for more info from those girls. It's so curious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for taking one for the team. I might have had a seizure from this converation. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is this the conception of "I So Don't do Vegan"? It sounds like it has potential.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fredamans: You really never know what a kid will say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Charles: glad I could help out! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teresa: Oh, oh, I hadn't thought of that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Be still my heart. Another sign of the degradation of today's youth. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm grinning--for the braces coming off and for 10 year old girls. A joy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Travis: this conversation might never take place in your neck of the woods!! Remember, these are Californianian 10 year olds! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Green Girl: I cannot tell you how many laughs those girls have given me!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!