Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My New Best Friend

Me and my new best friend (photo credit: Child #3)

When my writing critique group, Denny's Chicks, spent a weekend in Dana Point, uh, writing and gabbing, Stacey Goldblatt brought her milk frother. Actually, Stacey also brought homemade vegan goodies, a mean salad and squares of chocolate.

But it was her milk frother that I coveted.


And coveted and coveted and coveted.

Finally, I just broke down and bought myself one. So, now I'm the proud and happy owner of my very own milk frother.

With his love for hot chocolate, Child #2 is also thrilled with the milk frother.

And on the topic of Child #2, can I just brag for a quick sec? We're all very excited as more and more colleges send him acceptance letters! At some point, a decision will have to be made. But, for this week, it's all fun and games and ego boosting.

Have a great Wednesday! And if you haven't bought yourself something recently, go for it!

16 comments:

Teresa said...

Um, your new friend is cute??

Congratulations to Child #2 and all the college acceptances!!

debra said...

Love love love my frother! You can get smaller travel ones, too :-)

Charley said...

Mmm, frothed milk. I like it with a little honey and cinnamon.

Stacy said...

I hope you and your frother enjoy a long friendship.

Charles Gramlich said...

I don't even know what a milk frother is.

Green Girl in Wisconsin said...

Steamed milk with honey and a smidge of vanilla...now I'm lusting.

Annie said...

I had no idea they made a machine like this. Geez...I must live under a rock!

Have some frothy fun!

Barrie said...

Teresa: I will pass along your congrats to Child #2. He is very proud of himself. :)

Debra: What???? Their are travel frothers?? Can you recommend one?

Charley: Brilliant idea! I will try honey tomorrow. (Probably not cinnamon as I'm not a huge fan it the spice). Thanks!

Stacy: I have the same wish! ;)

Barrie said...

Charles: I'd never heard of a milk frother until that fateful writing weekend! It heats milk/cream or heats and froths milk/cream.

Green Girl: Vanilla! I never thought of that! MUST try!

Annie: I was living under the same rock. :)

Sarah Laurence said...

Can I accuse you of writing froth? You do know how to milk a tale.

LynNerd said...

I guess I've been living under a rock, too. Never heard of a milk frother. Add the chocolate and I'm sold on it.

Congrats to Child #2. Pat yourself and #2 on the back for a job well done. I'm sure this gives you peace of mind, knowing another child is on the right track and ready to soar from the coop.

Caryn Caldwell said...

I'm not a big coffee fan (though I love the smell). I have to admit, though, the idea of hot chocolate in the frother? Delicious!

As for the college acceptance letters, that is fantastic!! Congrats. That tough choice is a GOOD dilemma to have. :-)

laughingwolf said...

call me dumb, but what's a 'milk frother' for?

Liz @ Cleverly Inked said...

That's some friend you have there.

Barrie said...

Laughing Wolf: It heats and foams the milk. Ta da!

Liz: I am very, very fond of her!

laughingwolf said...

ok.... but why not stick it in a jar with a screw-top lid, and shake the bejaysus out of it? ;) lol