Saturday, August 4, 2007

And the edits are done...

...ahead of schedule. It took me several hours to push the "send" key. I'm wondering if this is normal behaviour.

In fact, the only thing that convinced my index finger to connect was knowing I'll see the manuscript back again next week. The thing is there's always a little something more to tweak. Because I'm a perfectionist I'm never done. With anything. I can tell you my dh was done with these revisions. As were my children. As were my in-laws who are travelling with us.

So, here's hoping the editor likes the edits. I do. At least, I think I do. Of course, I could've read the chef scene through one more time. No, no, it was time to let go. But did I get the roller coaster scene perfect? Ack. It's gone.

I'm off to pack so we can check out of this hotel. We're hiking in Yosemite today. No middle-grade mysteries.

2 comments:

  1. No, it is not normal behavior for other people But, it is normal behavior for you. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm...who is this anonymous blogger. An American, given the spelling of behaviour. That narrows it down a bit. :)
    Thank you for the kudos!
    ~Barrie

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!