Monday, November 16, 2009

My Town Monday: Ann Arbor, MI

I'm still in Ann Arbor. In fact, I won't be back home until late tomorrow night. DH (Darling Husband) somehow thinks I'm ready to come home. However, I'm definitely enjoying hotel and restaurant life!

The water polo is going really really well. Child #3 is playing superbly. I don't want to jinx us, so all I'll say is that our two last games are tomorrow.

I'm going to do wimp out and mostly do a pictorial visit to Ann Arbor. It's late here and I have to get up early to watch the first game and I'm on the east coast, but still on west coast time. Or some time zone in between...

From the book signing...



Robin Agnew, me, Jamie Agnew, lovely and gracious owners Aunt Agatha's Mystery Bookstore



Clair of Bo Fexler, PI and our My Town Monday host. Clair has this terrific wry sense of humor. It was wonderful sitting and chatting with her.

Stacy of The Cat's Meow. Stacy is just as interesting and insightful as I'd imagined. I'm so happy we got to meet IRL.


From the streets...

a street near the University of Michigan

You have to really watch out for pedestrians in this town; they'll dart out into traffic anywhere, anytime.


an overly friendly squirrel

Squirrel is DH's favorite meat. And I'm not even kidding. This little guy is lucky he didn't go back to California as a souvenir.


a brick street.

Very cute and full of character, but the bricks are way uneven. You do not want to be dashing across this street.


a poster for the card game of Euchre, which I spent hours and hours playing as a tween/teen.



All in all, I'm having buckets of fun! There's something about a college town...

Click here for links to more My Town Monday posts. (Thanks Clair for hosting) Also, if you're even mariginally thinking about writing a My-Town-Monday post, please do! Fair warning, though, it's addictive! Write your post, then leave a comment here and we'll link to you.

16 comments:

  1. Ooh! I've always wanted to go to Ann Arbor. Fingers crossed for the remaining games!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How did I know MTM would be from Ann Arbor this week?

    I love college towns. They always have a cool vibe. And I swear they take years off your age when you visit them :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time. So glad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. When I lived in Illinois, we also played loads of Euchre. A midwestern thing, I guess, but a great game!

    It looks like a wonderful trip *fingers crossed for polo glory* and seeing two MTM/writer blogpals in the same RL locale is a warm fuzzy.

    If your DH comes to visit us in New York, he can try the black squirrels, too. I hear they're piquant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. look at you and all your fun! thanks for sharing it with us...and squirrel meat is his fav?! made me laugh, or as the kiddies say, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You met Stacy! Stacy met Barrie! I am jealous of you both, have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad it's going well--for you and your son! Enjoy that college town vibe:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, Barrie. Ann Arbor looks like a lot of fun! Congratulations on your book signing and good luck to Child #3 and his water polo team.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for an AA post! Good grief, the squirrels are lucky that DH doesn't live here. We've got loads of them.

    And I think I'm always on Pacific time in spite of living in the eastern time zone. My internal clock is just off.

    It was so fun to meet you and Clair!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You got to meet Stacy...and she got to meet you?? Awesome!

    I'm glad you're enjoying your time in Ann Arbor. Such a pretty place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So funny how we out west think anything west of the Mississippi is the east coast. lol! Sounds like you had fun! Water polo - cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. FINALLY! We see you and know who we're dealing with...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Barrie - remember me from the Encinitas school visit? Just catching up on your blog - I admire your prolificness! (is that a word?) I learned Euchre last year from a friend who spend summers with her grandparents in the Michigan - it was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Louise! I absolutely do remember you! I just Googled and... prolificness is a word. As is prolificacy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. No no NO!!! I LIVE IN ANN ARBOR, AND I MISSED YOU!

    I shall have to outlaw birthdays and volunteering for the book fair so I can stay on top of these things better.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!