Saturday, December 5, 2009

Bah Humbug!



Oh, bah humbug.

I am so grumpy today.

Child #4 has gone off to Girl Scout camp for the weekend. She was ready to go. Alas, her mother was not so ready.

This evening is dh's office holiday party. I am not the least bit interested. I just want to stay in my own little home and have take-out sushi. And wear my jeans and a soft sweatshirt. And continue reading The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon. Which I am enjoying muchly.

But Dh is refusing to let me back out.

I'm not feeling the love for a holiday party. Even with my sequined black dress, chosen for me by Child #3 a few years ago.

I'm still not feeling the love. Even with my tacky dangly candy-cane earrings.

Oh, oh, oh! Wait! There is a very, very lovely review of i so don't do spooky by the one and only Shelf Elf! That elf has such a way with words; I love to read her reviews. Also, there is falling snow on her blog!

I'm off to get ready for the party. And who knows? I might actually have a fine time!

15 comments:

  1. Awesome review with snow! How cool is that? Have a wonderful, non-humbug evening. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun at the party, Barrie! Congratulations on another child growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... stop being such a Cranky McCrankypants!

    Go to the party, enjoy the food/drink/company... then come home, get in comfy clothes and read.

    Great to hear about the GREAT review. Nice job, Barrie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh, you're like Fancy Nancy. I hope you have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't like Christmas office parties, either, and maybe it's good news that this year's was cancelled. Thankfully, dh doesn't like them either so we don't have to come up with an excuse this year why we aren't attending. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope you had a not so grumpy time at your dh's party. i hate parties myself, and having read that book i understand why you did not want to be torn away. what a wonderful, wonderful book. :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like Christmas office parties BUT there is usually some great giveaways and of course, a bonus. So, have fun and hopefully, you'll win something.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don’t miss those social/business functions at all – but I do hope you managed to have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know the feeling of wanting to stay home and enjoy. That's what I hope to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. at least you get to wear the pretty pretty dress!

    ReplyDelete
  11. please tell me you're not wearing those earrings. please?

    and, if you REALLY want to get out of it---hack & cough all over. With Swine Flu Fever out there, people will surely not want you to stay! So, even if you get dragged to the party you can always leave early!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I hope you had fun--I usually do when I don't want to go places.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm catching up - glad you had fun at the party after all. My DH's party was this past Saturday at the Nat. History Museum, and was pretty nice. And I loved that book (the Curious Case ...)! Amazing writing. Hoping to catch you at Yellow Book Road this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!