Friday, October 22, 2010

Child #4 and I take off for a Grand Adventure!

Last night we were BOO'D! yay! A mysterious person knocked at our front door, then ran away. But not before leaving a bag of goodies (Halloween decorations and candy including LAFFY TAFFY! Yum!) and instructions to boo a neighbor within in 24 hours.

Child #4 and I will most definitely boo a neighbor but NOT within 24 hours BECAUSE we left this morning for our Grand Adventure!

WE ARE IN THE BIG APPLE FOR AN ENTIRE WEEK!

Today was eaten up with traveling. Here's how we spent our plane time:

1. I read The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer and Annie Barrows. This book was recommended by Sarahlynn of Yeah, but Houdini didn't have these hips. Fantastic read! I don't read as much as I used to; writing leaches into my reading time. So, when I get my hands on a good book, I'm very appreciative. Child #4 also read (Dork Diaries by Rachel Renee Russell) and duly noted the minutes in her daily log.

2. We ate a scrumptious lunch, packed for us by Mr. Summy. Yes, we are flying Southwest--the airline that has confused a mini package of pretzels with a full meal.

3. Child #4 and I said "Blech!" to decimal places. They are not fun. Unfortunately, tomorrow's math homework is more of the same. Double blech!

4. We watched a couple of iCarly episodes that we'd saved to the iPod before leaving home.

Now we are happily ensconced in a super nice hotel by Times Square. A super nice hotel by Times Square, you say? Yes, thanks to a last-minute internet special from Travel Zoo, Child #4 and I are living high on the hog!

Look at Child #4 at LaGuardia Airport. IN HER FLIP-FLOPS! That child is Californian to the core. (Fear not. She did pack shoes and socks.)


Tomorrow--we're headed to Long Island!

10 comments:

  1. Have fun Barrie and Child #4! Have a great time on Long Island.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Child #4 and I would get along just great! I refused to wear closed toed shoes until the temps reached the 30's here in OH. I shall not let winter defeat me (and cover up my pedicure!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot tell you how much I love the idea of booing people. That is so fun! I might just borrow it and do it to some of our neighbors around here. It seems like it would be a fun treat. The problem is deciding which neighbors to do it to, since we like a lot of of them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am so very jealous!!! NY= awesome! have so much fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Teresa: We are trying to have as much fun as possible!

    Sarkastic: Thank you! We will do our best!

    Amy: You are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charles: You must take a trip here too!

    Caryn: You could always boo a few neighbors. You're supposed to post the instructions by your door so people know you've been boo'd. Personally, I wouldn't mind being boo'd several times!

    Maggie: Thank you! And I hope you're taking good care of yourself. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. You two are living the dream! How fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you enjoyed the book, and it sounds like a fabulous trip!!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!