Monday, September 5, 2011

My Town Monday: Happy Labor Day!

I do love Labor Day.

Why?

#1. I usually end up at a fun bar-b-que. (This year, I'm bringing an easy schmeasy Caesar salad where I mix two store-bought dressings together.)

2. I feel perfectly justified in trying to do as little as possible.

3. It marks the end of the summer. I cannot tell you how much I'm looking forward to my upcoming quiet Tuesday morning when my children will be back at school. I love them dearly. We've had a busy, fun-filled summer together. But it's time to move on. I have much writing to do this fall, and it's easier to be productive and thoughtful and creative in a calm, peaceful house.

In keeping with #2, here is a link to last year's Labor Day post. If you're anything like me, you've forgotten all the trivia I looked up for you last year. ;)

Please check out the links to the other My Town Monday posts on the official My Town Monday blog.

Happy Labor Day! Don't overly bestir yourselves!


9 comments:

  1. A Happy Labour Day - and a happy, peaceful Tuesday - to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth, perhaps you're spending Labour Day in cottage country. If so, I'm hugely jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Freeda! Happy Labor Day to you, as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your day of not working, Barrie! I know I am. Well, it's not really not-working for me because I need to take advantage of my husband being at a picnic to get some writing done, but that's fun work. I enjoyed your history from last year's post - thanks for the link, for those of us who didn't see it then!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Labor Day! Hope your day was truly relaxing. Enjoy your quiet writing time tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoying the peace and quiet here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jeannette: Hope you're getting lots of writing done. I'm going offline now to do that very thing! And so glad you enjoyed last year's post. I'd forgotten a lot of the details myself. :)

    Teresa: Have a great day!

    Green Girl: Yes, it is peaceful when the kids all leave for school, isn't it? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!