Tuesday, October 23, 2007

More wildfire stuff

It's really late. Just got a call from MJ. Apparently I have a reputation as a night owl. As reputations go, it could be much worse. :)

For work reasons, MJ's watching the fires via 4 TVs and a variety of websites. Maybe also for obsessive-personality reasons. I'm sure his hair is standing on end, and there's a crazed look in his eyes.

He called to report that my little area may not be as safe as we thought. Yikes. Now, I'm staying up with a pot of English Breakfast, too many M&Ms and the remote for the tv. If this keeps up, MY hair will be standing on end, and I'LL have a crazed look in my eyes. Not to mention wider hips.

Here's a good website to check for fire updates.

7 comments:

  1. Sending up prayers that all will be well and all will be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that website. I've been looking e-v-e-r-y-w-h-e-r-e to see if my bro and his family have been evacuated, and it looks like they have been.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping that everything will be ok for you.
    Hugs
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still can't get over all of this. The pictures are horrid. Take care of yourself. Check in when you can and let us know you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sherry, Gina, Sara, Eileen: Amazingly, our little area is fine. And will probably stay that way. Yay. Yes, we have lousy air. Yes, we have ash floating in our pool. But given all the raging fires, those are minor inconveniences. Thanks for checking on us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you and your family are safe, Barrie. Here's hoping this will be all over soon and everyone in the area will be safe. My uncle is a firefighter and I am always in awe of the amazing work they do - I think people are born into that line of work - they are so dedicated and very courageous.
    Re: Copy edits (recent post) - isn't it amazing how you can read the same thing a kazillion times and one pair of fresh eyes can see something you didn't? How does that work?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad all is well! In Oklahoma, we had a wildfire situation year before last and it was nothing like this, but still it terrified me. The thought of evacuating a house or moving our horses makes me break out in hives.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!