Tuesday, January 8, 2008

This is me on Tues., Jan 8, 2008!

I'm cracking the writer's whip today. Doling out some tough love to myself. Which means I'm going offline to on my old Dell laptop. The neutered one with no internet access.

I'm not baking banana bread even though the bananas are at that perfect overly-ripe-but-not-yet-rotting stage. No, no, no. I'm not calling my sister who just got back from Australia and probably thinks I've replaced her with some pseudo-sibling from the Penny Saver want ads. No, no, no. And I'm definitely not clicking repeatedly on the 2k8 widget on the sidebar to make my cover come up.

Today I will be calm and focused. I will take my vitamins with a glass of filtered water. I will drink chamomile tea. I will write my bony little fingers off.

BUT, before I go....

What a total blast it is to travel around the blogosphere and stumble across links back to this blog. Thank you jdwrites4kids and writingthecyberhighway and jessicaburkhart.

AND there's an author interview with Liz Gallagher over at the Class of 2k8 blog.

Before you ask, Beth of BooksEtc., I will update the potato (site meter).

If I'm really productive and come up with thousands and thousands of combos of my 26 little friends (that would be the alphabet, peeps!), I'll treat myself this evening to all your blogs. For some, a treat would be chocolate. For others, it would be a glass of fine wine. For me, it'll checking up on all of you.

Have a great day, people!

15 comments:

  1. Right back at you! Have fun writing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to know we're your incentive to get through the words! That's so nice!

    Have fun writing today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. GOOD luck! Hope you get your treat tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "the castrated one" -- too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you!!!! Best of luck! Have a great and productive day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Forget the wine or the chocolate, Barrie, you're going to need some aspirin after banging your head ion the keyboard all day. OUCH! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a good writing day! I turn off my router when I need to focus. Damn Internet just calls to me... :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I need to switch the net off and do some writing too. It's such a distraction!
    Hope you've had a fun and very productive day.
    PS: Really love the picture you posted, made me giggle! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Here's hoping your 26 little friends are kind to you many times over!

    Jim D
    a.k.a. jdwrites4kids

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, indeed, I've been watching that potato thing!
    (And I still find the whole concept of going public with your word count fascinating and a bit scary...)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck! You know it is serious when you break out the Dell. Happy writing! xo

    -YPN

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for your head banging. For your wit and wisdom. For your inspiration. I had fun playing with your 26 little friends (they're my friends too).

    I spilled Victoria's Secret lingerie all over the floor of my character's hallway on the 14th floor of her soon to be repossessed condo on Lake Shore Drive as the repo men carted off all her furniture. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good idea. More work can be accomplished. I tell myself that when I have homework I should be doing. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the link, Barrie! Here's to lots of progress and no more head banging!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!