Thursday, March 10, 2011

The next Summy Family project!



Now that we're, ahem, successful veiled chameleon breeders (slight exaggeration, BUT it was a very successful clutch of 32!:) Read about it here.), you're probably wondering what's next on our list of challenges.

Here are some hints....


Child #4 and I planted some sunflower seeds.


Oh, look how well they're doing after only six short days!


Next, we'll be sprouting a few varieties of TALL sunflowers in our Ultimate Growing Kit, then transferring said plants to the garden.

Because we're planning to grow a sunflower fort! Complete with moon vines!

Anyone else want to join in the fun? We could all post pictures.




p.s. I posted the chameleon cage shot before, but I couldn't resist re-posting. I do so love it! Babies, babies, everywhere!

5 comments:

  1. I am impressed with your chameleon success!! And the sunflower project?

    I'm in.

    I started Lupine seedlings last week, and have a stash of seeds just itching to feel some dirt!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful and creative idea!! I have never heard of a sunflower fort.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful and creative idea!! I have never heard of a sunflower fort.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! We've had success with the sunflower portion of that activity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vodka Mom: You're on! I'm looking forward to seeing you grow. I have to admit I was unsuccessful when I tried to lupine about 10 years ago. I don't exactly have a green thumb!

    Teresa: I think it's a neat idea, too!

    Green Girl: Oh dear. That sounds as though this may tougher than I'm anticipating!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!