Thursday, March 24, 2011

Random Conversaton with Child #3

Child #3 is my 9th grader son. (In case you've forgotten. ;) )

Child #3 (spoken offhandedly): I saw a guy at school reading one of your books.

Me (excited): Really? Wow! Which one?

Child #3: The pink one.

Me: Wow! A high school guy reading I SO DON'T DO SPOOKY! Wow!

Child #3: Yeah. I said to him, "Hey, my mom wrote that."

Me: Really! You said that to him! What did he say?

Child #3: He said, "Yeah, right."


Me: "Yeah, right"???? He didn't believe you??!! Did you tell him you're a suspect in the 3rd book? Did you tell him that???

Child #3 (says nonchalantly over his shoulder as he leaves the kitchen): Nah. I went to lunch.

Keep in mind this is the same kid who, a couple of years ago, after doing a book talk on I SO DON'T DO MYSTERIES, informed me he'd told the class he couldn't remember the name of the author!!!



And the countdown is on...
I SO DON'T DO MAKEUP comes out in paperback in just 12 days (April 5)!
(Every family needs a dozen or so. :) )







7 comments:

  1. Now that is funny… child #3 sounds like a bit of a storyteller himself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Barrie. Congratulations on being read by junior high boys. I like your Child #3. He sounds quite fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO COOL! Oh I dream of such a day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too funny, Barrie. Kids have a way of putting things in perspective don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's too much. Absolutely hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What can I say? You so don't do famous, Barrie!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!