Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Introducing Child #4....



See that angel dressed in white? That is my child #4!

I saw this poster for Joseph for the first time last night when I went to pick her up from rehearsal. There it was, taped to the window of the theatre. I totally choked up.

I don't usually show phots of my kids on the blog. But I couldn't resist...

Oh, I can't wait to see this production! And I'm missing opening weekend because I'll be in Hershey, PA at the Pennsylvania School Librarians' annual conference.

Brian Imoto (Joseph), you also look amazing on this poster. I saw Brian in Into the Woods last spring. He was great! And this guy can truly belt out a tune!

If you're in the San Diego area and you're looking for some first-class community theatre, come see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at the Moxie Theatre on El Cajon Boulevard and Montezuma. I'll be in the audience for at least two performances. Mr. Summy is helping with sound/lights/whatever he's told to do.

For more info, here's the Pickwick Players' website.


**There's a fun reception with the cast, directors, producer, etc with scruptious munchies following the opening-night performance this Friday, April 29. And tickets for this Saturday night and Sunday matinee (April 30, May 1) are at a reduced price of $13/ticket. Call the box office: 619-448-5673 and request the "Jacob and Sons Cast Special" for $13 tickets (Get it? Jacob and sons are 13 total?). You gotta phone to get this deal; don't order through the website. **

Oh, and if you order tickets, could you mention Child #4 Summy's name? It's the kids vs the adults for a friendly ticket sale contest. Child #4 and her cohorts would dearly love to win a pizza party. (I think that's the prize.)

She is adorable, isn't she? ;)


19 comments:

  1. Adorable! I didn't realize your daughter was into acting too. Mine has a play opening tonight in previews and another in May.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, she is adorable.

    Break a leg, Child #4! (Not literally, please.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable indeed! and equally adorable... the gushing of a proud mama. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats to #4. Way cool.

    I can imagine how proud you are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's so pretty!I don't live anywhere near San Diago :( but I'd love to see it!Record her part for us please?:D


    Thanks,
    AbaGayle

    ReplyDelete
  6. She is adorable, Barrie. Congrats on raising such a talented daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cool that she's on the poster, Barrie!! She must be so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Child #4 is so beatiful in that picture! Looks amazing! I'm in NJ, but I wish I could come! Pass this on to Child #4 please!

    Jen Schoppmann

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, she looks gorgeous in that photo. I can see why you choked up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is a little beauty. I hope she has a great time doing this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Frankly, I choked up a bit myself.



    Pride. It fills our hearts and shakes us up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your child is a STAR! Congratulations! You must be super-proud--and what a fun production for her to participate in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh wow, congrats to your daughter. Cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is adorable! That's awesome Barrie.

    ReplyDelete
  15. No my town monday post!!!!!Ahh!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amy: thank you!

    Anon: Sorry!!!! I might get to it later, but I returned home to a bunch of stuff to do. :( I do have a few Pennsylvania MTM posts planned, though, if that makes you feel any better. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a confident 10-year-old to be able to sing some solo lines! And how cool that her picture is on the poster. I hope she gets to keep one to hang in her room. Maybe you can get it laminated to preserve it or frame it. That will make a cool keepsake.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are always welcome!